This page is to support Christy Caez as a Minneapolis Public School Member- At Large
Esta pagina es para apoyar a Christy Caez como miembro de la Junta de Gobierno de las Escuelas Publicas de Minneapolis
AS A MEMBER OF THE SCHOOL BOARD I WILL PROVIDE
1) A voice for the teachers. I know from experience what is to work in not the best environment. I want that all the teachers in the district have the support they need.
2) A voice for the ELL community. Moving from Puerto Rico to Minnesota, I know that is not always easy to navigate the system. I was lucky because my English is not that bad. I want to make sure that those parents that doesn't know English will have all the information they need.
3) A voice for special education. Have 2 kids that receive Special Education Services, and worked as a special education teacher for 7 years. I'm planning to work in the legislative level to make sure that these services are not underfunded anymore.
4) A voice for the homeless and highly mobile students. I know for experience what is not having stable housing, and want to give support all the families that are in the same situation.
5) A voice for the parents. For me parent engagement is very important. I want to make sure the district give parent participation in every level.
Vote for me and I will be YOUR voice.